When the Velumount is inserted, closing of the airways is mechanically prevented and a constant airflow is thus secured. Snoring noises are directly eliminated.
- The highly flexible plastic wire construction follows the muscle movements of the soft palate and tongue area with ease.
- After the correct fitting of the device you will not feel any restrictions when swallowing or drinking.
- When snoring has been successfully prevented, it is also widely accepted that no sleep apnoea will be present. Snorers, however, who suspect sleep apnoea should undergo a professional sleep study following the adjustment period of the Velumount. This is to confirm the quality of sleep. .
The correct use of the Velumount® requires
- Assessment consultation with the medical practitioner
- Workshop to explain the process, individual fitting and training in the correct use of the Velumount device
- Follow-up consultations (if required) to maximise user comfort and efficacy.